Задание 1. Множественное число имен существительных.
Поставьте следующие существительные во множественное число.
Пример: book — books, man — men, …
Единственное число Множественное число Единственное число Множественное число
Задание 2. Притяжательный падеж имен существительных.
Образуйте притяжательный падеж следующих существительных.
Пример: cat, tail — cat’s tail; table, leg — the leg of the table…
Задание 3. Степени сравнения прилагательных.
Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму прилагательного.
1. The rivers in America are much (big) than those in England.
2. The island of Great Britain is (small) than Greenland.
3. What is the name of the (high) mountain in Asia?
4. The London underground is the (old) in the world.
5. The English Channel is (wide) than the Straits of Gibraltar.
Задание 4. Местоимения some, any, no и производные от них.
1. You must ask …………. to help you in this work.
2. If I have ………….. free time, I shall go … tonight.
3. Have you heard ………… about our plan?
4. Did …………. see this plan yesterday?
5. Did you say ………….? – No, I said ……….… .
6. I know …………. about it and he doesn’t know ………….. about it either. …………… knows about it.
Задание 5. Артикль. Общие сведения.
Choose the correct answer (a, b, c or d)
1. My father is ... engineer.
2. Where is ... bathroom, please?
3. They usually have ... breakfast at home.
4. He wants to open … window.
5. They go to ... school by bus.
6. Come in and take... seat, please.
7. My father gets to his office by... car.
a) a . .
Задание 6. Оборот there is, there are.
Раскройте скобки, выбрав нужную форму глагола и подчеркните подлежащее и сказуемое.
1. There (is, are) a large table in my room.
2. There (is, are) three windows in my classroom.
3. There (is, are) a table and four chairs in my living-room.
4. There (is, are) a blackboard, four desks and five chairs in our class-room.
5. There (is, are) a text-book and two exercise-books on the table.
6. There (is, are) two shops and a cinema in my street.
Задание 7. Much, many, (a) little, (a) few.
Вставьте much, many, little, few, a little, a few.
He had ________ English books at home, so he had to go to the library for more books.
She gave him __________ water to wash his hands and face.
I’d like to say _________ words about my journey.
After the play everybody feel ___________ tired.
Let’s stay here ________ longer: it is such a nice place.
Задание 8. Напишите небольшое сообщение по теме House, Flat.
Задание 9. Переведите текст на русский язык.
APPEARANCE AND CHARACTER
My father is a tall man. He is healthy and strong. His hair is dark. He has an oval face, a straight nose, thin lips and large eyes. I think my father is good-looking.
He has a strong character and good manners. He is always polite and friendly. My father is serious and clever. Besides, he is active and is good at everything. He was born in the family of a farmer and likes nature very much. His hobby is horses. On Sunday he usually goes to the park and rides a horse.
When my father goes to work, he puts on a shirt, a tie, a suit and a hat and takes his black case with him. At home he wears jeans and T-shirts.
My mother is a thin, short woman. She doesn"t look her age. In fact, she looks young. Her face is oval. She has a short straight nose, full lips, large eyes and fair hair. My mother is very beautiful. She is kind and merry by nature. She has a lovely voice. My mother was born in the family of musicians and started to sing at the age of five. She is always fashionably dressed. When my mother goes out, she takes her handbag with her.
My elder sister is a pretty young girl. She has a round face, a turned-up nose, black hair and large blue eyes. She has nice manners and dresses in the latest fashion. She likes to wear short blouses, long dresses, short skirts and fashionable tights.
My sister is honest, fair and truthful. She is quiet and careful too. It"s very important for a future doctor.
My grandparents are middle-aged, quiet and friendly by nature. My grandparents are tall and stout. They are always well-dressed, but in my opinion, their clothes are a bit-old-fashioned.
I"m in the eleventh form. I"m sixteen. I have an oval face, long nose and large eyes. When I go to school I put on trousers, a shirt, socks, shoes or boots and take my bag with me. In autumn I wear a cap, a jacket or a coat. When it rains, I put on a raincoat. In winter, when it"s cold, I wear a pullover, a scarf and a winter coat. In summer, when it"s hot, I put on shorts. My clothes fit me well. When I come home from school I take off the trousers and shirt and put on jeans and a T-shirt.
My mother thinks that I have bad manners and often tells me, "Behave yourself. Other people won"t stand your behavior." I do my best to change and improve my manners. I try not to be dull. I think that I’m sometimes careless, but I’m not hopeless.